About the server changes

Come chat with PB or just say HI!

Moderators: Yrys, Moderators

gleenwood

Post by gleenwood »

I'm on test now, all is good. I still have the PB tag, wish I was leader so I could get it up again.

I don't really understand any of this, test is not getting wiped, why did people leave?

Still 90 with 4500 aa's, dont' have all expansions hehe? wtf is happening lol?
Toadloc

Post by Toadloc »

There was really no reason not to take advantage of the opportunity to transfer your chars off & copy back, imo.
Toadloc the Frog! - retired
Trellium

Post by Trellium »

Hello again everyone. Thought I would post how things have gone for us after the copies.

We got tired of FV fairly quickly, no sense of community there at all compared to Test. We then decided to try a newer server, and started fresh on Vulak. We like it there very much, since it is all old school EQ and it is quite tough. In my early 20s now and still in silk for the most part ... even the shaman.

But it's fun and people are pretty decent there. Most likely the current vote will unlock the Velious expansion, which will be just in time for my little group to play in Crystal Caverns and ToFS.

It looks like both of us will be on Vulak for some time to come.

I have Trellium and Traddium there again, same classes. Plus a bunch of alts.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Trellium
Toadloc

Post by Toadloc »

Speaking of old skool EQ.. Don't know if anyone's interested in any private servers or not...

buuuttt... There's one out there called Project 1999. It's classic to velious exclusive. They don't plan on releasing anymore content beyond that.

All oldskool rules- gear stays on corpse, etc.. Has a fairly decent population, which i found surprising on a private server.

It's community is fairly similar to that of what Test is.. or was.. at least the Test i remember from back in the day, that made me love EQ & stay on test for as long as i did.

Anyway, it's a great server. and free to play, of course. which was my favorite part. The only real downfall about it was they don't allow 2boxing & the admins enforce that rule with an IP tracker.. They do have an IP exemption thing for those that have more than one person playing on the server from the same IP, so i guess you could try that if you reaallyyy had to 2box. But they do that so people will focus on groups instead of boxing their own group and running solo. Which, honestly you really don't need to- the population is good enough to play one character.

But yeah. i tried it for a few weeks but i'm back on EQ2.. Might go back, might not- - guess i'm not man enough for oldskool eq lol-.. I just felt obligated to spread the word.. I may go back if some people get interested.

If anyone need/wants more info on it feel free to PM me & i'll try to give you the scoop.
Toadloc the Frog! - retired
Yrys

Post by Yrys »

I have a "Yrys" on that emu server, actually. He's only level 3 or something like that. :P

Sllash (if anyone remembers him) was playing on it as well -- he's the one who mentioned it to me.
Tide

Post by Tide »

gleenwood wrote:I'm on test now, all is good. I still have the PB tag, wish I was leader so I could get it up again.

I don't really understand any of this, test is not getting wiped, why did people leave?

Still 90 with 4500 aa's, dont' have all expansions hehe? wtf is happening lol?
I am sure people wanted to raid and group with more population. I cannot blame them.

I actually came back when everyone else left Test on purpose. So Primal Brood still runs around on Tide some. (I got 16 characters I play which is different than most of the level 90s with 1000s of AAs there)

Test has a population of about a 100 to 125 on a good night and I bet half are boxes. I see very few from our Primal Brood (Kekeli and Lulu) raiding days, but there are some from Zen Cabal and Dark Advocates that I was/am friends with online.
The King of Akanon
Kreezka

Post by Kreezka »

I was sidetracked during the final 2-3 weeks that the free moves off server were available, which means I am there. The place is a ghost town now, very few people at all in the last week.

Great if you're a soloer/moloer/tradeskiller ... no competition for pretty much anything you want to do. I miss the guild chat though, and somewhat regret not making the time to move to Rathe, at the very least, to be able to chat with some of the folks I've made friends with on test.

I would even pay to move my SK ... I doubt they would allow it though. I tried the /servertransfer to go to FV(free movelog,) except it does not work from test, nor can you purchase the service with station cash. I can understand that, really.

As it happens, I have a lot more time to play, and devote to progression ... ironic.

Oh .. Hi folks :)
Grubbie Shrubkicker
Rustroot
Selilea

Kreezka

Post by Selilea »

You could make a new toon on Rathe..I know that not the same as the one on Test but Craz and I would be more than happy to help you level. Just let me know what you would like to do. So I can heads up the recuit officers in Frayed Knot. You can also app to Frayed knot [http://eq.frayedknot.us and explain that you didn't get to move your toons due to RL issues and be sure to let them know that you are coming from Test.
Mysterria

Post by Mysterria »

DAMMIT! You need to move the Grubster..... J/K!

Ditto what Selilea said.... we are on Rathe and in Frayed Knot.

Myst
Tadenea

Post by Tadenea »

except for a few of us who went with Legend of Marr on Rathe, most of PB members went to FK

all old Test players we do get together normally Saturday and raid a T3 zone in House of Thule
solar

Post by solar »

Hey guys, I played a bit back at the beginning of 2011 on test and went through the group progression stuff by myself on HoT.. then I got pretty bored with it. I just logged on again to see if it still exits and my characters are ok but I see PB is deserted, and I decided to check here.

It's kind of funny, I noticed the ghost town so for kicks I decided to clear Vex Thal and as I was going through it someone started asking me to stop - I guess because I'm not anonymous.. so anyway it turned out it was a progression guild.. so it seems there are some players still there but not the old crew.

I don't know how you guys can play this anymore with the 10k AAs and stuff - I played during HoT for a while and Mysterria and some others helped me get into it, but I just didn't really feel like I was playing EQ anymore.. it's just a single player game at this point with the bots that heal/tank for you.

I see Anciente was excited about the unlimited platinum so I just thought I'd share a story about that.. I have a bard character named Jackee that I made when the Crescent Reach expansion came out.. I testbuffed and I got a bard spell/song that summons one of those cultural armor blessed waters for making TS cultural armor. Every time you mem it and try to cast it, it fizzles (missed note). There was a glitched AA which made it so if you bought the first level of it, your songs would never miss a note, like perfect fizzle mod.. anyway once I had that AA I could cast it. These summoned waters also sold for like 2pp to a vendor I think.. so I would just sit in the guild hall pool all night with a weight holding down the hotkey on the keyboard, to keep casting it and inventory the waters, 8 10 slot bags full of em in the morning.. so I did that for a week or two until I had a few million plat.. not that it was ever good for anything really - I bought a horse for my rogue and ended up just deleting it because you can't sneak while on a horse (who would have thought?)

Maybe I'll check out the Rathe but I don't really think I'm interested in playing this level 90 something version of EQ.. I think the only reason the OoW expansion grabbed me was because of the big guild effort on the 2.0s.. that was one of my favorite times in EQ, doing 1.5s and then 2.0s with Primal Brood..

Tadenea did all my other quests for me I think...
Yrys

Post by Yrys »

I've thought about playing off and on, but the fun was more in the people than the gameplay.

I do have a level 9 druid on the EQ Mac server, Al'kabor (which is 100% free now, not just F2P -- just need a Mac). It has the expansions up to PoP and the level 65 cap.
solar

Post by solar »

I play on EQMac - look up Figtree or Tamagini if you stop by there.
Benzarden

Post by Benzarden »

Downloading EQMac now for shits and giggles.

Benzarden - 80 Magician (retired)
solar

Post by solar »

I can't believe Tadenea still plays.. he never quit either.. like I myself and many others would take 1-2 year breaks and come and go, but Tadenea was always there whenever I came back. I have screen shots from back in the classic (pre expansion) days of playing with Tadenea.. and he helped me on every epic quest I ever did. Thanks Tadenea!