Happy Belated Thanksgiving Brood

Come chat with PB or just say HI!

Moderators: Yrys, Moderators

Tide

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Brood

Post by Tide »

Hope all you guys still playing and not playing are doing well. Hope you all got full on some turkey. Funny I finished this degree and got a job at the University of Alabama. Hah, funny how things work.

Anyway, be good guys and thanks for the memories. I still game, but not like the old days of raiding as that ended with EQ and PB. Just the lore heavy game you may know from Tolkien in a very casual way.
The King of Akanon
Yrys

Post by Yrys »

Hey Tide,

What LotRO server are you on? I still play that game occasionally.
Yrys#1589, Battle.net BattleTag
Yrys, 120 minstrel (LotRO Landroval)
Garnn, 65 scoundrel (SWTOR Star Forge)
Yrys, 50 elemental/shotgun (SWL)
Harrits Samoribh, 60 arcanist (FFXIV Malboro)
@Yrys, Champions Online global
Yrys, 76 druid (EQ Test)
Aneyri, 90 MA (AO Atlantean)
Somnar, 99 white mage (FFXI Sylph)
Rexlar

Post by Rexlar »

Funny my boys are now teenagers and wanted to play a game (all 3 of us) over the Holiday break. We were looking at D&D online or LoTRo since they are both free to play.

Rex
Mysterria

Post by Mysterria »

:D :D :D

Good to see these OLD guys still hanging aroung (You, too - Shadoh!)

/cheers

Myst
Tide

Post by Tide »

Yrys wrote:Hey Tide,

What LotRO server are you on? I still play that game occasionally.
Firefoot. I play one of the small populated ones. Surprised I didn't play Bullroarer as it is a Test Server.

My main characters are Croyle a Captain and Domenica a Burglar if you are ever on there. I actually have 4 characters leveled to almost max. I don't raid, so I just level, level, level, craft, craft, craft hehe.

Rex, remember about F2P, they are just free for the first areas, Then you have to do deeds to get other stuff free. Good to hear from you guys. Oh and btw, I got another Ford Rex hehe.

Oh and Myst, dang right I am getting old. I feel like it too some days. Man it has been so long with some great memories.
The King of Akanon
Rexlar

Post by Rexlar »

Myst - its because we are OLD that we keep coming back. My memory isn't so good anymore but I can still click my bookmarks :wink:

Rex
Yrys

Post by Yrys »

Tide wrote:Firefoot. I play one of the small populated ones. Surprised I didn't play Bullroarer as it is a Test Server.

My main characters are Croyle a Captain and Domenica a Burglar if you are ever on there. I actually have 4 characters leveled to almost max. I don't raid, so I just level, level, level, craft, craft, craft hehe.
Cool. I'm mostly on Landroval, though I think I have a level 9 something-or-other on Firefoot. I don't do the raiding thing either... only have one 65 so far.

Rex, as far as DDO and LotRO... they're both enjoyable from what I saw, but LotRO is more solo-friendly. DDO almost requires groups (somewhat like EQ, I suppose ;)). I have a lot of fun with LotRO; they did a good job making it seem like Middle-earth.

Also, for the LotRO free-to-play stuff, they made all the epic storyline quests free in the latest update, which came out this Monday. I think you can also do Skirmishes free-to-play starting at level 20 (Skirmishes are instanced, sort of like LDoN type things -- you get an NPC helper that you can use and level up inside Skirmishes).
Earldamann

/

Post by Earldamann »

Heyas Rex an Tide long time, no see hope all has been well
<A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.h ... esize=true" TARGET="_new">Earldamann 75 Shaman</A>
Tadenea

Post by Tadenea »

slacker Earldamann being Level 75 (signature)

anyways, howdy to all those retired broodlings
Rexlar

Post by Rexlar »

Been well Earl. I think I'll come visit you all in EQland during my 10 day Christmas break.

Rex
Tadenea

Post by Tadenea »

Rexlar wrote:Been well Earl. I think I'll come visit you all in EQland during my 10 day Christmas break.

Rex
some who have returned after being gone a year have to relearn the game so much has changed
Ozmandias

Post by Ozmandias »

/wave

Wow, this board is still around! Is PB still kicking? Not seeing a lot on the dkp list and not a lot of chatter.

A casual, mostly afk gaming experience is about all I get time for lately, but I occasionally remember the old raiding days and wonder how the gang is. Today someone was telling me about server merges and they said Test was no more...hope that isn't true. I guess it couldn't last forever, but it was a fun place to play back in the day...
The following have left the building
Dinomight the Questaholic
Ozmandias Prime
Prints Albert
Earldamann

dino

Post by Earldamann »

Dino long time no see. Ya got bad info test is still up and running most have moved on but some still remain. PB currntly raids with TSF ya should drop in sometime alot has changed with the game many changes youd luv. from having your own personal mercenary (tank, cleric , or dps) an necros still solo some wild stuff. anyways hope all has been good with ya
<A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.h ... esize=true" TARGET="_new">Earldamann 75 Shaman</A>
Ozmandias

Post by Ozmandias »

Good, glad he was wrong!

These days, I am playing LoTRO on Brandywine, and spend at least half my time afk. I just don't have the time to raid anymore. I left EQ to raid less, and ended up raiding more in WoW, so had to make a clean break.

Can't believe EQ is not F2P yet...based on an interview I did with Smed years ago, I figured it would have flipped by now. Well, give em hell!
The following have left the building
Dinomight the Questaholic
Ozmandias Prime
Prints Albert